Friday, February 17, 2006

Marriage on the cards with Ninja Bai

Nidhi is away on one of her trips AGAIN.

Im thinking of marrying the bai as she is always there for me.

But seriously, just when the bai posts were gaining traction, the bai has stopped providing amusing incidents.

In fact, she has become....

THE NINJA BAI

Like a true ninja, she comes and goes without anyone knowing she was there. She does her job silently and with deadly efficiency (efficiency=doing no work).

Nowadays, I dont even remember letting her into the house. And on the few occasions when I have been semi awake, the one thing I noticed was how silent she was. The hissing has stopped. No more clanging of pans. Even sweeping is done chup chap. She leaves with nary a sound from the door.

Im beginning to get worried. Call me paranoid, but I remember when my baby sister was silent, it usually meant bad news. She was probably yanking down shelves of books or destroying my most prized toys.

Must..stay..awake..to..spy...on..bai...zzzzzz

5 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its the silence before the storm. be afraid. be very afraid. HAHAHAHAHAAHAH.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger C said...

Oh Dear! I agree that that is a MOST troublesome sign. When my kids are quiet, terrible, terrible things are afoot. I think she may be planning to do away with you. Maybe you should buy a BaiCam to monitor her actions. And broadcast live on the web!! :o)

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think she has been reading your blog.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger feedo said...

Baicam! hehe. But I am thinking of wandering around with a camera around my neck to capture her every move..

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger GhostOfTomJoad said...

If I were you, I wouldn't try very hard to decipher what she is actually saying. We tried that once at a couple-friend's house, where we've stayed many a night. While the maid was going about her job, cleaning and sweeping, we heard her mutter this in Hindi: "They are here all the time...don'they have their own houses to sleep in?"

Hmm, needless to say, our confidence levels have never been the same again :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home