Thursday, June 01, 2006

Bai Bai!

Long time since I posted anything about the Bai. Mainly because I have'nt ever been awake when she's been in the house. But now, I have some fresh material to post largely because of stuff I do find she's done while I've been asleep.

Water Waste
For one thing, I think she's in cahoots with the water guy. Let me explain. Ever since I got jaundice last year, we switched to bottled water delivered from a shop downstairs. Now, that stuff aint cheap. So it used to surprise me no end to find that the big ass bottle of water gets over in just a few days. I discovered that she was flinging out all the water from all water bottles within reach and then refilling them. After I put a stop to that and told her to fill only empty bottles, she started filling all the 7up bottles with water (I mentioned this in a previous post). After a couple of nasty experiences with watered down 7up, we implored her to stop doing this. Strict instructions were given - goddamit bai, if the bottle is green, dont fill it. If the bottle hisses when you open it, dont fill it. If the bottle feels tight with gas, dont fill it. If the bottle has a label on it, dont fill it. JUST QUIT WATERING DOWN OUR 7UP!!!!

But sad to say, none of these implorings, stern warnings, or even passionate requests have had the slightest dent on her. With the result that we have to drink any bottle of 7up we open within the same day. When we have a party, its especially hard cos its like she's a kid loose in a candy shop. Soooo many green bottles to fill!!

"A Good Catch"
Apart from the water shenanigans, the Bai has been informing Nidhi that I am a "very good catch" and that she is lucky to be married to me.

I was thrilled the first time Nidhi told me, but after the 3rd time realised she was saying it because:
a) I gave her a raise
b) I am asleep whenever she is around.

Asleep=unable to comment on standard of work done.

As a mark of appreciation for her compliments, I have started sleeping in later and later. And Nidhi gets to try and terrify her. Don't think she manages tho..

6 Comments:

At 6:47 PM, Blogger Arthur Quiller Couch said...

I know the type. You can never work out whether they're really dumb or having some fun at your expense.
Come to think of it, that might apply to women in general.
Or wait, to the whole damn world ...

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur bai so cute lol
mine will not do one extra work, even not clean the sink once she is done with the dishes out of which i do half of the dishes again :))

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger feedo said...

Arther! u are sounding bitter. Relax. Get a beer from the fridge. Quickly I say!

Sapphire. My bai is very cute. She will do extra work, but then expects me to be sociable and chit-chat with her. I tell you, she works only for the social interaction. She prolly drives up in a merc or somthing. Slip your bai an extra tenner once in a while..she might do a couple of extra dishes!

My mom's place bai..now theres a piece of work. If i had to write about her....I would make a fortune (in book, TV, and movie rights).

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger C said...

Yay!! More Bai stories!!! Any idea WHY she feels compelled to fill all these bottles with water??? How weird.

I really want to hear about your mom's bai now, LOL! :-)

 
At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh the days of bais, since movin to US, dont have that luxury anymore.
Anyway funny posts bro, she reminds of "kantaben" from that movie kalhonaho

hilarious

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Nee said...

LOL - hilarious!

But yeah, to echo Jeet's feelings - at least you have a Bai!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home