Friday, May 07, 2004

Dangers of talking on your phone while driving

My car music system is no longer working. I tried to remove the front of it to check something at the back and then due to its old age it was obviously pissed off with my heavy handedness and now refuses to work. If I want to listen to the radio I have to push the front in very hard which is quite inconvenient as then I have to steer the car with my knees. This because my other hand is occupied with holding my cellphone to my ear.

Of course, driving with your cellphone is dangerous. I heard all about the dangers of it but never realized just how dangerous it is until the other day when I almost dropped the cellphone out the car. What if someone had run over it?

Also, I frequently read the paper while on my way to work (catch up on the news during my free time y'see) so it becomes very dangerous to turn the pages of the newspaper while talking on the phone and driving my car as frequently the wrong page gets turned.

And then of course, theres my breakfast. I cant eat breakfast while talking on the phone because the phone gets greasy and then the grease gets all over the newspaper and then over my knees which transfer it to the steering wheel. And everyone knows a greasy steering wheel is very dangerous.

We all must do our bit to promote road safety and I hope my little article has gotten all of you thinking about how to make it safer to drive around whichever city you happen to live in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home