Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Road Trip!!

Aaah! Finally access to the net! Have been going from one godforsaken location in Maharashtra to the other testing out the product I just launched. So anyways, am now in the pilgrimage town of Nashik and till yesterday was in the swelteringly hot and dusty town of Aurangabad.

Anyways, Nasik is close to Shirdi..the abode of Sai Baba..so everything out here is named with his name. I am staying..coincidentally at the Sai Palace Hotel, and yesterday I came via Sai Highway, and we had to stop outside Sai Shraddha Restaurant to get directions and...oh..you get it?

My hotel in Aurangabad was so bad...that guests prefer living on the streets rather than in the beds. Ok..maybe and exaggeration (did I spell that right?). But here is the description:

1. Reached there and the receptionist didnt know if I had a reservation. Had to show him a printed copy of the thing and then he reluctantly believed me..gave me a dirty look as he gave me the keys as if to say "damn! Another one sneaked in!"

2. When I reached the room the bellboy knocked on the door and a cockroach opened the door and let me in.

3. I was sitting on a stool in front of my computer (thats right..there were no chairs..apparently the cockroach needed them for his dinner party) when the top of the stool came off and I found myself sitting on the floor with a bruised tailbone. I jammed the top back on and sat down and fell down again. I cant sit anymore.

4. I ordered roast chicken for dinner and the chicken came raw. So I sent it back. This time, the outside came blackened but the inside miraculously remained nice and raw! Wonderful!! Oh yeah..and the room service waiter had flies buzzing around his head.

5. The TV remote had evidently seen better days - it was taped together with masking tape. But it worked..so I suppose thats ok..

Hmm..I am beginning to think someone in my company wants me dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home