Saturday, September 04, 2004

Purpose in Life

As you all probably know, the only thing that possibly gives me more entertainment than playing video games or plotting to take over the world..is my ongoing query about the meaning of life.

Many many new age books assure me that I am special, gifted, have to find my inner goddess (I think), and that each of us has a mission in life..some special purpose for which we were put on this earth. So far so good...

But what keeps me awake at night and screaming for my mum is the thought that my real purpose in life might be something really pathetic. Like..maybe theres this worm thats almost gonna die of starvation and then I get hit by a dumpster and then they bury me and the worm gets to survive and have children. Stuff like that...important in the universal scope of things Im sure..after all, worms are probably as important as humans...but somehow unfulfilling.

Hmm hmm..well, now that I have pondered that one I shall go back to playing a computer game. At least I can win there once I crush my puny Egyptian neighbors in Civilization III.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home