Thursday, June 17, 2004

The Power of Nothing

Was just reflecting on my corporate stint and have come to the conclusion that what it all adds up to is this: NOTHING! I havent saved any babies, havent made the world a better place, havent earned gazillions of dollars, havent ruthlesslessly climbed to the top, havent razed rival companies to the ground etc. etc. All these years have been merely a (sometimes) pleasant way to spend 8-10 hours of the day and get some money to eat, drink (read booze) and buy fuel for my car. Along with the occasional shirt to cover my back and pants to cover my bottom. And chaddis also. You get the picture.

So, will I now throw it all away and join some not for profit organization that saves babies while simultaneously razing its rivals to the ground and paying me a gazillion dollars? Nope. Why you may ask? Simply because I have spent far too many years honing the useful skill of keeping myself occupied while doing nothing meaningful. And I cant chuck that all away can I? Imagine entering the job market and being asked at an interview - so you want to throw away 4 years of doing absolutely nothing worthwhile? Why? Why? Look at me..I have spent 15 years doing nothing and see how happy I am? - Get the drift?

I mean, look at some of my peers. The force is much more strong in them. They can destroy continents by merely NOT lifting their fingers. And they get paid a gazillion dollars and get to travel the world. (the organizational record is held by 2 managers who travelled to Malaysia for a 2 hour meeting with no agenda, and with a company who didnt know they were coming).

Hmm..I shall now go back to practising my art. Who knows..maybe a trip to Bangalore will be my ill gotten reward!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home